Saturday, September 18, 2010

"BlooDy EngiNeeRs Day"

It was 15th of September a couple of days back and since morning I started getting text messages wishing me “HAPPY ENGINEERS DAY”. Though Engineering to me is as good as a Bull running towards you, and you dressed all in RED, an unavoidable Tragic Accident, but this day did get me to think Who is an Engineer, What the hell is Engineering?......

Mr. Oxford Dictionary says, “Engineer is a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures”

If I was restless before, now I was like an atom bomb, ready to explode. I have lived two years in this hell of engineering world and I am capable of doing none of these today. I can’t design, can't build or maintain anything stable on this earth. Engineering is like a graveyard. Nobody knows what they are getting into until they are already trapped.

There are many things I came to know after I entered Engineering, would like to share some, kinda create awareness:

All creativity and innovation will be curbed from within you and there goes the 1st step of engineering, To Design. The system gradually kills your desire to innovate and then to think. They are orthodox killers working in the open.

You are forced to see the innumerable magical machines, which once stood to be wonders of the world in front of you, through the eyes of some God damn couple of lecturers whose only reason to teach us being their failure in employment world.

It is a heinous crime to be either fashion conscious, or maybe just to sit with a girl on the same bench in front of these narrow minded low level self proclaimed geniuses, huh.


Five point someone said Today’s colleges are not preparing engineers, they are preparing machines, machines to satisfy the hunger of the dark alley of industrial revolution. Couldn't agree more with the phrase.

Is this what they are celebrating!

Is this what they call Engineering, to design, build a wonder!

Maybe not....not in my world....they need to go back in time and discover the real teachers who used to love students, who loved teaching and bring back engineering as it was in the past, to create something out of nothing....... and get MAGICAL WONDERS!

1 comment: